*Please apply with a resume in English*
We are looking for a Senior Backend Python (Data/Feature Engineer) to join one of our USA Clients, a start-up working on an exciting climate change project. You will be part of a dynamic team building an AI-powered analytics and data platform to help reduce the carbon footprint of industrial manufacturing. Your work will focus on our back-end data pipeline and analytics stack, and you will be responsible for building a range of features and data services, from exploratory prototypes to robust, hardened production implementations.
You will also help shape the overall architecture of the data pipeline and processing backend, including collaborating with data infrastructure engineers on underlying infrastructure and with front-end engineers on API design to serve the data to end users. Last but not least, you will provide hands-on help during customer pilots and implementations to build any needed custom analytics and/or data-processing functionality to make those implementations successful.
If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment this opportunity is for you!
Do you have what it takes?
- + 10 years of software engineering experience, with at least 3 years of generalist Python development experience.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Python data/analytics libraries like Pandas and NumPy, and data pipeline technologies like Parquet files and Apache Spark.
- Experience with building and operating Python-based data pipelines, locally and/or in a cloud environment, including knowledge of Docker-based pipeline deployment.
- Experience contributing to open source projects, especially in the data / data processing space.
- Autonomy, excellent communication skills, responsibility and teamwork.
- Experience with data-focused API design.
- Experience with distributed data pipeline processing in AWS.
- Experience setting up scalable development processes for data and analytics-based systems (CI/CD, testing, etc).
- Experience with data lifecycle and lineage.
- Experience with data processing orchestration.
- Nice to have are: SQL and RDBMS (Postgres, Mysql, etc); Github Actions; Cloud Formation or Terraform or other declarative IaC language; Kubernetes; AWS Kinesis and Glue for cloud-scale data pipelines; Monitoring and alerting frameworks; DSL design.
You can be part of it! Take a look at our current positions.